Eleven Nominated for Court of Special Appeals: December 2018
Today, the Appellate Judicial Nominating Commission advanced a total of eleven names for the two pending vacancies on the Court of Special Appeals (At-Large and Montgomery County), from the impressive list of lawyers and judges who applied in August.
Below are the nominees. While all have been named to the At-Large vacancy list, the last four also enjoy a nomination for the Montgomery County vacancy.
Nominated for the At Large Vacancy:
1. Honorable Judith Claibourne Ensor, Circuit Court for Baltimore County
2. Honorable Lawrence Paul Fletcher-Hill, Circuit Court for Baltimore City
3. Honorable Edward Gregory Wells, Circuit Court for Calvert County
4. Phillip Robert Zuber, Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher
5. **Cathleen Cawley Brockmeyer, Attorney General’s Office, Criminal Appeals Division
6. **Gardner Mareen Duvall, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston
7. **Kurt James Fischer, Venable LLP
Nominated for both the At Large and Montgomery County Vacancies:
8. Steven Bennett Gould, Brown | Gould | Kiely LLP
9. Brian Scott Kleinbord, Office of the State’s Attorney for Montgomery County
10. Rachel Theora McGuckian, Miles & Stockbridge
11. **James Bradford McCullough, Lerch Early & Brewer
** Candidate automatically advanced, because he or she had been previously recommended for the Court of Special Appeals within the past two years.
(Steven M. Klepper and Brad McCullough did not contribute to this post).