Ocean City Panels on SCOTUS and Election Law
If you’re attending the MSBA Annual Summit this week in Ocean City, we hope you’ll stop by two panels sponsored or co-sponsored by the MSBA Section of Litigation’s Appellate Practice Committee
Thursday, June 2, at 11:30 a.m.
Redistricting 2022: Latest Developments on Election Litigation and Legislation
(co-sponsored with the Administrative Law Section)
- Hon. Lynne Battaglia (Senior Judge of the Court of Appeals) who, sitting by designation on the Anne Arundel County Circuit Court, authored the opinion in Szeliga v. Lamone.
- Prof. Kimberly Wehle (University of Baltimore School of Law), known nationally for her commentary on election law and other major legal issues.
- Timothy F. Maloney (Joseph, Greenwald & Laake), who argued for the successful challengers to Prince George’s County’s redistricting map in Prince George’s County v. Robert E. Thurston.
Special thanks go out to John Grimm, who was instrumental in putting the program together, and to Judge Andrea Leahy, who had been scheduled to moderate but had to drop out. (I’ll be pinch hitting for her.)
Friday, June 3, at 9:45 a.m.
Supreme Court Term in Review
- Mark Joseph Stern (Twitter @mjs_DC), a senior writer with Slate, and a leading Supreme Court commentator
- Jaime Santos (Twitter @Jaime_ASantos), a partner in Goodwin’s Supreme Court and Appellate Litigation practice, and a former co-host of the Strict Scrutiny podcast
In case you hadn’t noticed, the Supreme Court has been in the news more than usual, and Mark and Jaime will be discussing the big cases and trends. I’ll have the pleasure of moderating what should be a lively panel, to say the least.